As much as we would love to give you an updated monthly calendar, we just do not
have the resources. So here is our simple, yet effective list of events.
- Church Suppers: Are the third Saturday in the months of June (Ham), August (Roast Beef) and October (Turkey). Serving starts at 4:00 PM. If you wish to be added or deleted from our Supper mailing list please e-mail the site web servant at email@example.com.
- Communion: The first Sunday of each month, although, on occasion, special circumstances do arise.
- Food Pantry Sunday: The second Sunday of each month, we gather nonperishable food items to be donated to the Hilltowns Community Resources Center Food Pantry.
- Fellowship Sunday: The last Sunday in each month, we gather together after services in the hall for light refreshments and fellowship
- Ice Cream Social: During the month of September we hold a Homemade Ice Cream Social. What is that exactly? We make homemade ice cream and socialize, hence the title. Ice cream is provided free of charge as is the entertainment. We play games, usually outside, sing songs, and visit with our neighbors. It is an outreach event that allows us to get to know our neighbors and their families and introduce them to our church family.
- Christmas Eve in the Barn: Yes, we did say barn. We hold a Christmas Eve play/service in a barn on Christmas Eve at 6:00 PM. This started as an event for families of young children that found it difficult to attend our traditional Christmas Eve Services that start at 9:00 PM in our sister church’s sanctuary, The Knox Reformed. This ‘service’ in
the barn is geared toward children and youth, who may find it a little more difficult stay up late to sit and listen to and comprehend a traditionally preached service about the good news of Christ’s birth.
However; just because it was developed for the youth, do not let that deter the more mature from experiencing this narated reenactment of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. It has quickly grown to include everyone, young and old to come and witness and experience first hand the story of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Come and experience the miracle with us.
Many thanks to the Whipple family for allowing use of their barn! And many thanks to the multitude that came out to see the miracle of
Christ’s birth reenacted here in the Hilltowns.