We had a wonderful two days celebrating our 50th year as the High Falls Reformed Church...it was good to see old friends and make some new ones...many photos were taken over the course of the weekend ...a few were posted on our Facebook page.
On Saturday, August 11th...we held an Old Fashioned Picnic in the Church Fellowship Hall from noon until 4:00 pm. The church provided burgers, hot dogs, beverages & dessert but attendees brought a delicious and abundant spread of other foods to share. Photos and other memorabilia were on display in the Fellowship Hall. Visit this Shutterfly Share Site to see some photos taken during Saturday's Picnic 2012
Over 100 were in attendance during a special worship service on Sunday, August 12th. Reverend Richard Brihn (pastor from 1971-1978) took part in the service along with Reverend Charles Stickley, our current pastor. After the service there was another opportunity for tasty treats and fellowship, and sharing photos and memories of the life of our church through the years. Many more photos were taken on Homecoming Sunday 2012.
More about us...Our roots begin way back in 1701 in a log cabin at the location of the present Rochester Reformed Church. In April 1807 (205 years ago) 25 men presented a petition to the Classis of Ulster, requesting to form "into a church unconnected with any...." and by June 1807 the Reformed Church of the Clove was organized. In January 1867 (145 years ago) the new brick church in High Falls was completed. More recently, we organized as the High Falls Reformed Church (November 1962 - 50 years ago) and in January 1972 (40 years ago) we became known as Community Church of High Falls.