Who are We?
Faith Community Reformed Church is located in Stickney, Illinois, a working-class near- west (collar) suburb of Chicago. While we have members out in Plainfield, Schaumburg, and places in between, 2/3 of the congregation lives within a ¾-mile radius of the church. We average around 60 people in worship each Sunday in a service that draws on our rich liturgical tradition and is led by our ever-growing worship band.
We are a member of the n evangelical and ecumenical denomination with a long and storied history in world mission that traces her North American origins to 1628 New York (then New Amsterdam).
First and foremost, we believe that the living Jesus Christ is and must always be the center of our faith. We are grounded in the Scriptures as the Word of God;
- we believe in God’s radical, sovereign grace;
- we believe that the world belongs to God;
- we believe in the priesthood of all believers;
- we are both evangelical and ecumenical
We hold to four historic confessions – each originating from its own context but all being faithful interpreters of Scripture:
We believe that it is our call at Faith to be a people Reaching Up and Reaching Out - reaching up to God in worship and reaching out to our community and beyond in love and service, striving to be the very presence of Jesus Christ to the community in which God has placed us. Our core values as a congregation are:
- Obedience to Jesus Christ and the Bible as our only rule for faith and life
- Grace – Jesus regularly attracted people with grace, not condemnation; as his followers, we must do the same inside and outside the church
- Ministry is the work and call of everyone who follows Jesus
- Children matter – they were important to Jesus and, as such, are important to us
- Our community matters – God longs for the redemption of the whole world, not merely to see people inside of a church on Sunday mornings; it is our call to be faithful instruments in God’s work of redemption and transformation of the world
- Relationships – God created us to be people in community and relationship with one another; our journey of faith is never to be walked in isolation
- Authenticity – the church must remain relevant to the world and true to Scripture; people must remain true to themselves while being ever molded more and more into the image of Jesus
Our prayer is that the church's ministries will be an encouragement to you and your family. We hope Faith Community Reformed Church will become your new home!