250 3rd St.; Chandler, Minnesota 56122
Send bulletin info to Loreen: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of September 2009, we are vacant. In upcoming months a search committee will be formed and interested Pastors will be able to submit their profile for consideration in the call process.
Our church is a member of the Reformed Church in America. You can find out more about our denomination by going to the RCA website at www.rca.org
Chandler Reformed Church History:
Our church was organized on April 25, 1911. There were 19 communicant members, 15 noncommunicant adults, and 21 children. The first consistory members were D. Swart and B. Vander Hoef as elders and A. Bouma and L. Vander Burgh as deacons.
There was a continual flow of immigrants from the Netherlands; hence the worship services were conducted in the Dutch language. The last Dutch service was held in 1952. The present church building was dedicated on July 8, 1955 and the addition was dedicated on November 15, 1981.
Fourteen pastors have served our congregation since its beginning. Their terms of service are as follows:
Rev. J.W. Kots, 1911-1913
Rev. Harry E. Reinhard, 1913-1920
Rev. Joseph Klerekoper, 1920-1923
Rev. Herbert S. Muilenberg, 1924-1937
Rev. Bernard De Jong, 1937-1947
Rev. Henry Fikse, 1947-1952
Rev. G. Bernard Muyskens, 1952-1958
Rev. John Ettema, 1959-1969
Rev. Henry Kolenbrander, 1970-1974
Rev. Donald Baker, 1975-1985
Rev. Bruce Wilterdink, 1986-1993
Rev. Donald Hoaglander, 1994-2000
Rev. David Hensley, 2001-2003
Rev. Gary Mulder, 2004-2009